03 December 2009

Intro... Finally

So I'm finally writing a post on this thing. I only started it a couple weeks ago and because I'm too OCD for this thing took me that long to like the set up enough to start posting. I'll probably be changing the look a few more times until I finally get it the way I love. Anywhoo, I've had a blog before just didn't keep up with it so I want to start anew. There's no real 'topic' for this blog like most I've read, just life lessons and adventures.
One thing I'm really into is arts & crafts or artsy fartsy stuff as some would call. My latest project (I know turkey day was so last week but whatever) was Monkey's outfit for turkey dinner.


I got the idea for the onesie here I nixed the legs because, well there was no room for them. I had everything on hand except the googly eyes and liquid stitch. Instead of ironing on the fabric like the tute, I just used the liquid stitch mainly because I forgot to pick up heat 'n bond and didn't have time to go back. Oh and yes those are her hand prints thank you, I was able to trace a 3 month old's hand print without waking her up!

Now the skirt, I got a remnant of brown satin and used similar method as here for the bubble skirt. I just used one her her skirts as a pattern and doubled the length needed. Made an elastic waistband and tacked on the ribbon belt. The family loved it and I loved showing my work off (the outfit and the baby ;) untill next time. Ciao

1 comments:

Angie@treasures for tots said...

Awww! It came out so cute!!! Your little one is so precious!

I started a Facebook fan page. If you want to share your pictures (and I would love it if you do!), go here:
http://www.facebook.com/editalbum.php?aid=139728&add=1&id=189979926301#/pages/Treasures-for-Tots/189979926301?ref=mf

Post a Comment