23 January 2010

Back...

I just got back from a nice two week vacation in Cali. I left just before it started snowing! Apparently my hometown has snow plows. In the 15 plus years I lived there we NEVER used them. Maybe they just borrowed them from the mountain towns... anyways, It POURED the last couple days I was there and thus we had to cancel our trip to Disneyland :( It's been almost a year since I was there last and I was pregnant then so I couldn't really ride much. And I REALLY REALLY wanted to take Monkey for the first time. I guess we'll just have to wait until this summer. Anyhoo, I did do a little crafting while I was there. It was my nephew's birthday and of course I procastinated like always which caused me to take the project and finish it there. Oh well. Since I wasn't there for Christmas I gave them their presents for that as well. They're at the age when they're starting to lose their baby teeth so it's obvious what they need... tooth fairy pillows!


I used the leftover material from the quilts I made them when they were babies. For Chase's birthday I did my first upcycle... He loves to play in the garage with my dad working on his bikes and doing things around the house and yard with him. My dad made him his own tool box with tools he can play with so I thought he needed some garage coveralls to go with it... I took these:


One of my old work uniforms into this:

Coveralls for him... I didn't have to do much altering. I hemed the pants, cut off the bottom of the shirt, and sewed the two pieces together. I ordered the patch online and sewed that on. I probably could have put in one long zipper so it would be easier to put on but, I kind of ran out of time :p ... So that's what I have for the day... Ciao

0 comments:

Post a Comment